Query

Richard Earnshaw rearnsha@arm.com
Mon Jan 22 06:27:00 GMT 2001


> Hi,
> 
>  I am using gcc for ArmLinux obtained from following site:
> arm-linux-cross.tar.bz2  from
> http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/lartware/compile-tools/ (LARTware Compiler
> tools)
> 
> I cross compiled Linux and the OS (Linux) is working fine. Now, I am
> cross compiling an Application with  for ARM-SDT compiler and generating
> an image in elf format and when I run it on ARM board (with Linux OS),
> it gives memory violation -- this may be because of non static linking
> (as there is no linker option in ARM-SDT for static linking). So I tried
> to cross-compile the applicatin and I wanted to link it by gcc - linker
> but I am not able to do it. This is because ARM-SDT generate object file
> in AOF format.
> 
> Is there any utility to convert object files in AOF format to ELF
> format??

I'm not aware of any.  The latest ARM SDT tools (well, ADS anyway) 
generate ELF images.  There are tools which convert from ELF to AOF, but 
not vice versa.





More information about the Gcc mailing list