cpplib: Nix -g3.
Zack Weinberg
zackw@Stanford.EDU
Wed Jan 10 15:46:00 GMT 2001
On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 09:11:05PM +0000, Neil Booth wrote:
> Jakub Jelinek wrote:-
>
> > BTW: cpp0 -g3 (nor cpp0 -dD) omits the builtin macros and macros specified
> > on the command line in the output (this got broken during the last lexer
> > rewrite).
>
> You're not really supposed to invoke cpp0 directly.
>
> But, yes, cppmain does ignore those regardless of how it's invoked. I
> thought it was intentional - it's been in cppmain.c for a while.
>
> This were causing me a minor headache, in fact, for making cpp_reader
> opaque - I'd be quite happy to get rid of it and output the lot - if
> Zack has no objections.
>
> It's caused by the condition
>
> if (pfile->done_initializing)
> {
> [...]
> }
>
> in cb_define and cb_undef of cppmain.c.
There was a very good reason for this which I don't remember anymore.
I think it might have had to do with the printer not being set up
early enough, so it would crash.
zw
More information about the Gcc
mailing list