A few SPEC95 results for the new register allocator

Diego Novillo dnovillo@redhat.com
Fri Feb 23 14:05:00 GMT 2001


On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Toon Moene wrote:

> Diego Novillo wrote:
> 
> > On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, I wrote:
> 
> > > Unfortunately, it still doesn't bootstrap on Alpha (even with your 
> > > (i.e., Michael Matz's) patch installed):
> 
> > I don't generally bootstrap the compiler to run SPEC. I probably
> > should, but when I first started I wanted to minimize the time
> > spent on each run (I do full SPEC runs on at least 3 different
> > versions of the compiler).
> 
> > Out of curiosity, have you tried running SPEC with the stage1
> > compiler?
> 
> Oops, despite the Subject of this mail (and thread), I am not speaking
> about SPEC95.  I'm interested in trying out the new-regalloc-branch (in
> sofar as it does not interfere with my duties as GNU Fortran
> maintainer).
> 
Ah, OK. Never mind, then.

Cheers.



More information about the Gcc mailing list