A completely different approach to EH runtime

H . J . Lu hjl@valinux.com
Thu Feb 22 13:04:00 GMT 2001


On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 12:57:44PM -0800, Mike Stump wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:38:17 -0800
> > From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@valinux.com>
> > Cc: Zack Weinberg <zackw@Stanford.EDU>, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> 
> > I don't think it will be a problem for you. But do you think the Red
> > Hat tech support people like to hear "I install a new gcc and my
> > machine won't work anymore"?
> 
> Why is it impossible to run a mini testsuite to catch major problems
> at install time, and only install, if the new one passes the
> testsuite?  Every program you worry about breaking could then have a
> testcase in the testsuite, and install will only put it into lib
> _after_ the testsuite runs with the new lib it is about to install.
> 

I am sure RedHat, SuSE, ... will do more than that for libgcc_s.so
they provide. I am talking about a user builds/install a new gcc,
which also comes with a libgcc_s.so.


-- 
H.J. Lu (hjl@valinux.com)



More information about the Gcc mailing list