Building g++ 3.0 under AIX
Robert Boehne
rboehne@ricardo-us.com
Wed Feb 21 06:59:00 GMT 2001
David Edelsohn wrote:
>
> >>>>> Geoff Keating writes:
>
> Geoff> I believe this is actually a GCC bug because 'crnot' is not a POWER
> Geoff> mnemonic and GCC shouldn't be using it when generating POWER
> Geoff> mnemonics. I keep meaning to fix this but haven't had the time. GCC
> Geoff> should generate 'crnor' instead when generating POWER.
>
> Geoff> [It would be really good, if you have an AIX 3.x machine, to check
> Geoff> the part after 'I believe'.]
>
> AIX 4 assembler accepts the PowerPC simplified mnemonic, even in
> POWER mode.
>
> As you said, the real question is whether there are any AIX 3
> machines to support any more.
>
> David
I agree with David, it appears to be a bug in the bintuils snapshot
version
of gas. This error appears under aix 4.3.3.0, with the
snapshot binutils gas (and nothing else from the snapshot).
/tmp/ccFSlmMw.s:2231: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `crnot'
/tmp/ccFSlmMw.s:2240: Warning: Line numbers must be positive integers
make[8]: *** [locale.lo] Error 1
make[8]: Leaving directory
`/tmp_mnt/icarus/tmp/powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0/power/libstdc++-v3/src'
--
Robert Boehne Software Engineer
Ricardo Software Chicago Technical Center
TEL: (630)789-0003 x. 238
FAX: (630)789-0127
email: rboehne@ricardo-us.com
More information about the Gcc
mailing list