GCC 3.0.2: errno conflict.

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@codesourcery.com
Sun Dec 16 01:45:00 GMT 2001


Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.COM> writes:

| > | I think that the conclusion is that, since you did not include <errno.h>
| > | or <cerrno> explicitly, there is a bug.
| > 
| > No, the C++ standard explicitly grants right to standard headers
| > (except those inherited from C and the <cxxx> variants) to #include
| > any other header.  A well wriitten C++ program  should not make any
| > assumption about which header #includes which.  From that point of
| > view, I would say the testcase is ill-designed.
| 
| Are you saying, then, that "errno" is a reserved identifier in C++ for all
| programs that include any standard headers?

any standard headers except those inherited from C and their <cxxx>
variants.  The Standard is clear about that.  Quote has been provided
elsewhere in this thread.

| I am skeptical of this argument.

Trust it or not but that is not my invention :-)

-- Gaby
CodeSourcery, LLC                       http://www.codesourcery.com



More information about the Gcc mailing list