cvs (was: Bootstrap failure of gcc-ss-20010409 in ia64)

Fergus Henderson fjh@cs.mu.oz.au
Sat Apr 14 08:27:00 GMT 2001


On 14-Apr-2001, Sam TH <sam@uchicago.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 02:01:13AM -0700, Jim Wilson wrote:
> > My libffi problems are because it has been too long since I last did a cvs co
> > on my main gcc tree.  I normally just do a cvs update, but that doesn't give
> > you new directories.  After doing a cvs co to get new directories, libffi now
> 
> You do know about cvs update -P, right?  That gives you new
> directories too.  

I think you mean `-d'.  `-P' is for pruning empty directories.
But yes, generally it's a very good idea to put 

	update -d -P

in your ~/.cvsrc, so that you use `-d' and `-P' by default.
The defaults that cvs uses for many commands are not ideal, and in my
experience it's usually best to use a .cvsrc such as the one attached
to override them.

-- 
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit
                                    |  of excellence is a lethal habit"
WWW: < http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh >  |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.


More information about the Gcc mailing list