make check gcc-3_0-branch libstdc++ behaviour

Phil Edwards pedwards@disaster.jaj.com
Wed Apr 11 09:23:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 11:13:25AM -0500, Gordon Sadler wrote:
> I thought? I saw a mention of libstdc++ testing moving to dejagnu? If
> this is true, do I need to activate it differently?

The move to dejagnu has only taken place on the trunk at present.
The branch still uses the libstdc++-v3 script.

> As of a few days ago, my test.log is having some odd output from
> checking libstdc++:
>
> +       +       27_io/istream_extractor_arith.cc
> -r      /home/gbsadler/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/mkcheck: printf: /home/gbsadler/cvs/gcc-3.0/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/27_io/istream_extractor_char.cc:61:: invalid number
> -r      /home/gbsadler/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/mkcheck: printf: /home/gbsadler/cvs/gcc-3.0/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/27_io/istream_extractor_char.cc:61:: invalid number
> 27_io/istream_extractor_char.cc
>

> I'm used to + -b -r et.al. but the printf:...invalid number is all new
> here. Maybe the switch to dejagnu is affecting me?

The file giving the error is mkcheck itself, which is the script.
(There is a printf shell command; that's what's printing the complaints.)

mkcheck hasn't changed on the branch since mid-Feb.  If you're seeing errors
"as of a few days ago," that means that some other part of the testsuite
is failing, and when mkcheck tries to interpret the output as a number,
it fails.  (For example, if something is printing "Segmentation fault"
when it should be printing "42", then printf would have a hard time feeding
that to "%d\n", etc.)

Phil