Weekly Bootstrapping Report: 46% Failures

Jeffrey Oldham oldham@codesourcery.com
Tue Apr 10 12:25:00 GMT 2001


On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 06:27:10PM +0200, Theodore Papadopoulo wrote:
> 
> oldham@codesourcery.com said:
> > This morning, I actually saw a bootstrap comparison failure for gcc
> > 3.0 i686-pc-linux-gnu and the `__rethrow@GCC_3.0' failure for gcc 3.1
> > i686-pc-linux-gnu.  I have basically given up on tracking down gcc
> > bootstrap problems. 
> 
> For 3.0, I do not know, for the 3.1 it seems that for some reason it 
> looks for the libraries in the installation directory. If a gcc 
> (maybe one that is old enough (before the exception revamp?)) is 
> found, then you'll get the `__rethrow@GCC_3.0' failure, move the old 
> installation directory away and everything works fine.

I destroyed everything excepting the top level CVS directory, ran "cvs
update" to retrieve the most recent cvs files and rebuilt.  The
`__rethrow@GCC_3.0' error is still present.

Thanks,
Jeffrey D. Oldham
oldham@codesourcery.com



More information about the Gcc mailing list