What does this mean?

Phil Edwards pedwards@disaster.jaj.com
Fri Apr 6 13:51:00 GMT 2001


On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 04:41:49PM -0400, nbecker@fred.net wrote:
>     Mike> Just a wild ass guess, but is it the name of a user declared variable
>     Mike> in the source code fed to the compiler?  I noticed that you didn't ask
>     Mike> what 0x000000c06821a2da0fc90140 meant.
> 
> I don't understand why it says "(+rng)".  Why the plus sign?  Why the
> paranthesis?  I don't think my question is stupid.

What does the line in the source code look like?  That hasn't been
posted yet.  If the source says "(+rng)" then there's your answer.  :-)

I could understand why numerical processing code might want to explicitly
use unary plus to qualify a varaible (of whatever type rng might be...).

Phil

-- 
pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com  |  pme at sources dot redhat dot com
devphil at several other less interesting addresses in various dot domains
The gods do not protect fools.  Fools are protected by more capable fools.



More information about the Gcc mailing list