gcc && libstdc++

Joe Buck jbuck@holdup.synopsys.com
Tue Apr 3 18:29:00 GMT 2001


> 
>     I have some newbie questions about using gcc with libstdc++. First, I
> would like to know which sources of libstdc++ should I use: the ones in the
> latest libstdc++ snapshot or the ones which comes with the latest gcc
> snapshot?

When working with snapshots, please only use the libstdc++ that comes
with the snapshot.

> Then, should I expect new independent snapshots (I mean, not
> provided with gcc distribution) of libstdc++ for the future?

No.

> Third, why are
> any language runtime libraries distributed with gcc: is this only a matter
> of distribution or have they some source code dependencies on the specific
> gcc version?

Depending on the library, either one may be the case (there may be a tight
coupling with the compiler, or it may simply be a matter of convenience
to treat all libraries the same).

>     Not related to the above questions: where can I find info about gcc
> architecture, front and back ends, etc.?

Start with the manual;you can find more starting from the gcc.gnu.org
website.




More information about the Gcc mailing list