Coding convention: use of `!x' vs. `! x'

Andreas Schwab schwab@suse.de
Tue Sep 26 01:29:00 GMT 2000

Phil Edwards <pedwards@disaster.jaj.com> writes:

|> On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 11:08:42AM +0200, Akim Demaille wrote:
|> >
|> > Would you say much of the problems are coming from the fact that the
|> > standards support things like
|> >
|> >         ./configure
|> >         make prefix=/foo
|> >
|> > ?  I'm personally strongly in favor of deprecating this practice, and
|> > support only
|> >
|> >         ./configure --prefix
|> >         make
|>
|> Well, but
|>
|>    configure --prefix=/foo
|>    make
|>    make prefix=/bar install
|>
|> needs to be supported.

Even better if it would support a DESTDIR prefix like in automake.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
SuSE Labs                                        completely different."