Symbol collisions with g77

flynn@lure.u-psud.fr flynn@lure.u-psud.fr
Fri Sep 22 08:13:00 GMT 2000

	After having upgraded to binutils-2.10, I have run into a problem with a FORTRAN program
which compiled and linked fine before.  The program contains a COMMON block named ALARM which
gets changed to alarm_ by g77.  This symbol then collides with the alarm_ function defined by
libg2c and I get linker warnings about the symbol size having changed.  I use and have been
using gcc-2.95.2 to compile this program, the only related thing I changed recently was binutils.
Does anyone have any idea why this behavior may have changed ?

	Gerard

--
Gerard FLYNN                 Tel : 33.01.64.46.82.46
LURE Departement Anneaux     Fax : 33.01.64.46.74.97