status?

nbecker@fred.net nbecker@fred.net
Thu Sep 21 19:25:00 GMT 2000

I guess we all know it's been a while since the gcc-2.95.2 release.
Now it seems RedHat Linux is going to offer RH7.0 with a unreleased
gcc version.  So it makes me wonder.  What is the current status of
gcc?

I'm a relative outsider - I just try to look at this list every few
days to see what's new.  I don't have a sense for what the overall
plan is.  Is there a place to find out the answers to questions like

* What is the current status?

* What are the new features being worked on?

* What are the new features that will define future releases?

And of course, that leads to the question of how close we are to
achieving these goals.

Thanks.