can you help me help?

brent verner brent@rcfile.org
Fri Sep 15 17:04:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

  I know all of the ones-who-know are very busy, but if someone out
there familiar with the c++ front end could help me get started, I'd
appreciate it much. Basically, I've been searching for references on
how a c++ file (magically?) gets compiled... Specifically, I'm trying
to solve (what I think to be) a problem with builtin functions and
namespaces -- http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2000-09/msg00009.html .

general questions:

Is there a 'Five minute overview of how g++ works' document floating
  around anywhere? If not, I'll put one together if someone'll help
  me understand the process.

Do any of you have a list of files that are used to compile the
  resultant g++? (I have a list I pieced together by following the
  Makefile, but I'm pretty sure I'm not looking at all of the relevant
  files)

thanks.
  brent

--
Damon Brent Verner                        o      _     _         _
Cracker Jack® Surprise Certified  _o     /\_   _ \\o  (_)\__/o  (_)