f77 correctness on Sparc

Toon Moene toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl
Wed Sep 13 14:09:00 GMT 2000

Brad Lucier wrote:

> There are a large number of test failures and untested test cases in the
> current CVS f77 when compiled with -m64 -mcpu=ultrasparc on an Ultra 10
> running Solaris 2.8, see
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2000-09/msg00114.html
>
> Is this a general 64bit problem, or are there specific problems with
> the sparc port?

I wasn't aware of this - I haven't run an alpha test suite for days.
I'll try that tomorrow (it's bed time over here now ;-)

Note that most of your failures are compilation errors - perhaps looking
into the logs will give a clue.

Thanks,

GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)