wide character support?

Brent Phillips brent@lyrastudios.com
Tue Sep 12 19:01:00 GMT 2000

Hello,

I've been trying to internationalize some code, using 2.95.1, but I'm
getting errors because many of the wide character funtions (wprintf,
wsprintf, etc.) are not part of the standard egcs library. Confusing,
because I thought this was part of the standard C library now.

What do I need to do to get the rest of the wide character functions for
egcs on Linux?

On a related note, do the other Gnu utilities - specifically GDBM - support
wide characters in their API?

I'd also greatly appreciate it if someone who is familiar with these sorts
of issues could point me to an online or offline resource, or even just
answer a few dumb questions.

thanks in advance

Brent Phillips