Implementation of libc functions in std::

brent verner brent@rcfile.org
Fri Sep 1 00:02:00 GMT 2000

On 30 Aug 2000 at 11:46 (+0200), Bernd Strieder wrote:
| Philipp Thomas wrote:
| >
| > * Bernd Strieder (strieder@student.uni-kl.de) [20000829 19:47]:
| >
| > > inline math facilities have extern "C" linkage. To be compatible with
| > > the standard we need them with C++ linkage in namespace std.
| > >
| > > My ideas to solve it are as follows:

Nathan Meyers has put much thought into just this issue.

  http://www.cantrip.org/cheaders.html

FWIW, I am _trying_ to complete the work on the C shadow headers,
but have ran into some difficulties which I believe to be a bug in
g++/cpp (gcc-ss-20000821), which I'm submitting shortly.

I'm definitely willing to accept|give help with finishing|cleaning up
the standard C header compatibilty. If you are interested in helping
out, please join the libstdc++ list (libstdc++@sources.redhat.com).

Due to the (apparent) bug in g++/cpp, I've ran around in circles
quite a bit :\, so when the problem with the compiler is resolved,
I'll be back on the C headers mission, and any help would be
appreciated.

cheers,
  brent

--
Damon Brent Verner                        o      _     _         _
Cracker Jack® Surprise Certified  _o     /\_   _ \\o  (_)\__/o  (_)