download PRO*C
Alexandre Oliva
aoliva@redhat.com
Wed Nov 22 09:59:00 GMT 2000
On Nov 22, 2000, "Balbeer Bhurjhee" <bbalbeer@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Can you please let me know from where can I download Pro*C C
> precompiler for Windows98 or Windows2000 version so that I can
> access Oracle 8i database.
No, I can't. AFAIK, this Pro*C C you're talking about has nothing to
do with GCC, so this is definitely not the best place to ask about it.
> The other thing I was wondering, that can I access a C program
> written on linux and to access data from Oracle database.
You probably can, but I don't have the faintest idea about how to do
it. Maybe it gets easier with some preprocessor like Pro*C C, but
it's certainly possible to code it by hand, connecting to the right
sockets, sending the right data sequences and decoding the replies
correctly.
AFAIK, Oracle runs on GNU/Linux, so you can presumably get them to
answer any questions you have about it.
--
Alexandre Oliva Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me
More information about the Gcc
mailing list