Preprocessor arithmetic
Hans-Peter Nilsson
hans-peter.nilsson@axis.com
Wed Nov 15 06:31:00 GMT 2000
> Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 01:01:49 -0800
> From: "Zack Weinberg" <zackw@Stanford.EDU>
> I dimly remember someone offering us a complete replacement for
> fp-bit.c, which got ignored by the mailing list. I may have
> hallucinated this - casual search of the archive doesn't show it. If
> it happened, it would've been in early 1999.
A search for "tege floating point" turned up this as #1:
<URL: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/1999-07n/msg00553.html >
Would be nice if fp-bit was replaced. It is 3 times slower than
the (older, less correct) floatlib.c for CRIS.
What were the issues with that new library? Is there any reason
why it isn't used, besides common inertia and lack of time to
check it? I haven't tried it, though, but I take Tege's word
for it (until I get time to test it).
brgds, H-P
More information about the Gcc
mailing list