V3: Tree slushy
Mark Mitchell
mark@codesourcery.com
Sun Nov 12 04:34:00 GMT 2000
We are not going to be able to do the V3 switch tonight.
I have fixed the compiler bug that was causing the infinite loop I
mentioned earlier. Unfortunately, that is clearly not the only bug;
"Hello, world" in C++ is failing on Solaris, due to a crash during
static construction.
I am not going to try to debug that tonight. I will wait for the
tests to run, and then check in the fix for the infinite loop.
Tomorrow, I will try to fix the Solaris iostreams issue.
Since I'm not going to be able to do the switch tonight, and since I
don't want to hold everybody up, let's unfreeze the tree.
On the other hand, please try to be very conservative until we get the
V3 switch done; if things get screwed up we'll get stuck for another
week ironing out the bugs. If things get crazy, we'll refreeze the
tree -- so let's all be very careful. Let's avoid cleanup patches, or
major changes -- just do important bug-fixes. I think we can still
get the V3 switch done tomorrow.
Thanks,
--
Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com
More information about the Gcc
mailing list