Generation process for cpp.1
Russ Allbery
rra@stanford.edu
Fri Nov 10 23:32:00 GMT 2000
Zack Weinberg <zackw@Stanford.EDU> writes:
> This is because the amount of hand adjustment needed varies depending on
> which version of pod2man you have. I've been in touch with the pod2man
> maintainer; the version in perl 5.6 supposedly only has cosmetic issues,
> and 5.6.1-to-be shouldn't need any adjustment at all.
Folks who want to work on this can get the latest version of pod2man as
part of the podlators package on either CPAN or ftp.eyrie.org in
/pub/software/modules. I'll be happy to work with anyone to improve the
output quality if anything else turns up; Zack's help in reporting things
it was doing that weren't ideal has improved the output quality quite a
bit.
(I'm the pod2man maintainer.)
> I've been waiting for a version of pod2man that doesn't need any hand
> editing to turn up in Debian unstable. Then I'll put in a Makefile
> target.
Should be in the current Perl 5.7.0; I'm not sure how unstable unstable
wants to be. It should be in 5.6.1 as well, but we've been waiting for
that release for a while.
--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu) < http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/ >
More information about the Gcc
mailing list