failure in gcc compile
Kenward Vaughan
kaynjay@igalaxy.net
Thu Nov 2 07:24:00 GMT 2000
Hello,
I am trying to recompile gcc under Debian Woody, and get the following
error. I am not, however, a programmer and so have no idea what to do with
it. Can you help me with this? I have had to edit it slightly (putting in
int'
instead of the original which had a left quote--didn't print properly in my
editor).
/usr/local/obj/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/local/obj/gcc/
-B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -c -g -O2 -fvtable-thunks -D_GNU_SOURCE
-fno-implicit-templates -I.
-I/home/local/src/gcc-2.95.2.orig/gcc-2.95.2/libio -nostdinc++
-D_IO_MTSAFE_IO -fpic
/home/local/src/gcc-2.95.2.orig/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc -o
pic/indstream.o
/home/local/src/gcc-2.95.2.orig/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc: In method
truct streampos indirectbuf::seekoff(long long int, ios::seek_dir, int =
3)':
/home/local/src/gcc-2.95.2.orig/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:82: truct
streampos' used where a int' was expected
/home/local/src/gcc-2.95.2.orig/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:85: truct
streampos' used where a int' was expected
/home/local/src/gcc-2.95.2.orig/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:87: truct
streampos' used where a int' was expected
/home/local/src/gcc-2.95.2.orig/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:89: conversion
from int' to non-scalar type treampos' requested
/home/local/src/gcc-2.95.2.orig/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc: In method
truct streampos indirectbuf::seekpos(_G_fpos64_t, int = 3)':
/home/local/src/gcc-2.95.2.orig/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:99: truct
streampos' used where a int' was expected
/home/local/src/gcc-2.95.2.orig/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:102: truct
streampos' used where a int' was expected
/home/local/src/gcc-2.95.2.orig/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:104: truct
streampos' used where a int' was expected
/home/local/src/gcc-2.95.2.orig/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:106:
conversion from int' to non-scalar type treampos' requested
make[2]: *** [indstream.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory /home/local/obj/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libio'
make[1]: *** [all-target-libio] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory /home/local/obj'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
Kenward Vaughan
--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please!
--
More information about the Gcc
mailing list