Need help!
Paul H. Shen
pshen@alacritech.com
Thu Jun 29 18:32:00 GMT 2000
Hi,
I do not think this is a bug.ÃÂ However, I just can not get it work.ÃÂ
It seems to me that either I am missing some files or the path was not
set correctly.
I tried to follow the installation procedure:
ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ downloading the source
ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ GCC 2.95.2,
gzip format, 12.5Meg.
ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ downloaded
successfully.
ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ configure
ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ
Failed in a number of places
ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ
configure:1302: gcc -EÃÂ conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ
configure:1298: minix/config.h: No such file or directory
ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ
configure: failed program was:
ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ
#line 1297 "configure"
ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ
#include "confdefs.h"
ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ
#include <minix/config.h>
ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ
...
ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ ÃÂ build
make bootstrap
ÃÂ ÃÂ Fatal error, aborted
if [ x"no" = xyes ] && [ ! -d pic ]; then \
ÃÂ mkdir pic; \
else true; fi
touch stamp-picdir
test x"no" != xyes || \
ÃÂ gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I. -I/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/../includeÃÂ ÃÂ
/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/argv.c -o pic/argv.o
gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I. -I/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/../includeÃÂ
/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/argv.c
test x"no" != xyes || \
ÃÂ gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I. -I/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/../includeÃÂ ÃÂ
/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/choose-temp.c -o pic/choose-temp.o
gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I. -I/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/../includeÃÂ
/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/choose-temp.c
test x"no" != xyes || \
ÃÂ gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I. -I/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/../includeÃÂ ÃÂ
/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/concat.c -o pic/concat.o
gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I. -I/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/../includeÃÂ
/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/concat.c
/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/concat.c: In function `concat':
/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/concat.c:96: `__builtin_va_alist'
undeclared (first use this function)
/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/concat.c:96: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only once
/home/pshen/bin/gnuS/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty/concat.c:96: for each function
it appears in.)
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `concat.o'
Current working directory /baydel1/home/pshen/bin/gnu/gcc-2.95.2/libiberty
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-libiberty'
ÃÂ
Please advise.
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Paul Shen
More information about the Gcc
mailing list