Port to Stratus FTX on PA-RISC 1.1

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Thu Jun 29 08:38:00 GMT 2000

  In message < 395AF871.4865FBD4@sema.es >you write:

  > Hi,
  >
  > I made port of gcc 2.95.2 (including all languages) to the
  > system Stratus FTX 3.4 with PA-RISC 1.1 or 2.0 processors.
  > The port is not to complicated and only involves the addition
  > and modification of a few files (See list below).  The new
  > files are copies of existing files that I wanted to separate
  > out to keep the changes that I made isolated.
  > Because gas is not ready for the system and I did not port it,
  > gcc can not compile code with debugging info.
  >
  > Are you interested?
Possibly.  However, much of the code you're twiddling has changed since
gcc-2.95.2; you will need to update your patches to work with the current
development sources.

There's other stuff (copyright assignments & employer disclaimers) that you
will need to fill out before we can do anything with your changes.

http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html

  > gcc-2.95.2/gcc/java/Makefile.in
  > gcc-2.95.2/Makefile.in
This worries me.  New ports should not need to modify those files.

  > This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individua
  > l to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those
  >  of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Sema Group.
  > If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received th
  > is email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
  >  copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this em
  > ail in error please notify it to Sema Group sae Helpdesk by telephone on nu
  > mber
Err, is this really reasonable to include on a message sent to a public list
that is archived for the world to see?

jeff