Testsuite policy - test case now passes but bug remains

Sun Jun 18 11:34:00 GMT 2000

> And IMHO, not adding a bug to the testsuite until it is fixed, will
> insure that it probably takes longer to fix the bug (since it isn't
> a daily irritant in terms of failing tests).  I can't speak for
> other developers, but for me, it certainly improves the chance I
> will look at said bug.

How is that? I thought there was a policy that there should be no
failing tests, unless they are expected failures.

At least for the C++ test suite, it would not be too difficult to add
300 or so new test cases based on unprocessed reports - is this really
what you want to happen?  [If so, I'd start adding them]

Regards,
Martin