long long, C++ testsuite and -ansi -pedantic-errors

Steven King sxking@uswest.net
Mon Jun 12 21:25:00 GMT 2000

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, H . J . Lu wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 08:01:29PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> >
> > libstdc++ V3 needs to have a mode (and it probably does!) where `long
> > long' isn't use for compilers that don't accept it -- since they don't
> > need to at this point.  And g++ should probably accept it with a
> > warning, rather than issuing an error.  At least, that's my two cents;
> > I'd like to hear Jason's opinion.
> >

> -ansi defines __STRICT_ANSI__. Can we wrap the long long stuff
> with __STRICT_ANSI__?

  You can configure the library not to use long long; the default is to enable
long long where the target supports it.

  Specifying -ansi will probably break things elsewhere in the library, atleast
for glibc; specifically, the cmath header expects to be able to use the c99
float and long double functions if the target has them.

 --
Steven King
sxking@uswest.net