Testsuites

Sun Jun 4 10:53:00 GMT 2000

>   Bug reports should go in GNATS.  The maintainer for that part of the
> code should mark it high priority, so that we know we have to fix it
> before the next release.  But the test-case should still be XFAIL --
> it is, after all, expected to fail.

In many cases, it may be even appropriate not to add it at all, and
trust that the test case is in GNATS. I guess there is a number of
duplicate XFAILs already in the test suite, so fixing one of them also
fixes the others. When the bug is eventually fixed, they both stay in
the test suite.

OTOH, before a bug in GNATS is investigated, it is always a good idea
to check whether the problem still exists. If not, the report can be
closed without touching anything in GCC, in particular without adding
any new test cases.

Regards,
Martin