updating config.sub/config.guess

Robert Lipe robertlipe@usa.net
Sun Jun 4 10:46:00 GMT 2000

Philipp Thomas wrote:

> as Ben Elliston accepted my patch to config.sub for the official
> version, is it OK to update GCC's config.sub accordingly?

It's in the back of my mind that there was once a blanket approval
granted for maintainers to import 'official' versions of things that
were maintained outside the GCC tree.  This would have included things
like config.guess, config.sub,

Roaming around the archives, I can't seem to find this.  Did I imagine
that? If it isn't written down, but it the plan, I'll add this to
cvswrite.html.

RJL