Partial mirror list update
Gerald Pfeifer
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jul 4 15:47:00 GMT 2000
On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Marc Espie wrote:
> I would even say: do we need the sites that carry only the releases ?
> After all, gcc is a gnu program, right ? and there are enough gnu mirrors
> around the world...
I agree.
> and it's not like there is a shortage of snapshots mirrors yet, but it
> is getting fairly harrowing to go through the list to find the genuine
> active mirrors.
Unless someone raises serious objections, I will accept any patch that
a) removes mirrors that do not carry snapshots and/or b) removes mirrors
that are more or less inactive.
In addition I think that in the future we should also list a contact
responsible for a mirror, so that we can check in case or problems,
similiar to http://www.gnu.org/server/list-mirrors.html .
Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry" pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/
Have a look at http://petition.eurolinux.org -- it's not about Linux, btw!
More information about the Gcc
mailing list