CPP problem

Damjan Lampret lampret@opencores.org
Mon Feb 28 02:04:00 GMT 2000

Dear GCC gurus,

I am working on a new architecture port. I thought my GCC port is working
OK. But recently I found out that header files included with #include <...>
are not processed while header files included with #include "..." are. I
guess this is a problem with CPP, right?

Example:

x.h:
#define X 1

y.h
#define Y 1

z.c:
#include <x.h>
#include "y.h"
void main()
{
    return X + Y;
}

After CPP processing of z.c I get:

void main()
{
    return A + 1 ;
}

Am I correct that this is CPP problem? Any idea what could be wrong? I am
out of idea. Any help greatly appreciated.

regards, Damjan

PS I cross compiled several gccs for other architectures and manually run
their cpp and they work OK. I am playing with egcs-2.91.66 and gcc 2.95.2.