g++: unrecognized option `-symbolic'

Chad Gatesman chadg@redrose.net
Wed Feb 23 08:45:00 GMT 2000

> ld -v
GNU ld version 2.9.4 (with BFD 2.9.4.0.6)
> g++ -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.95.1/specs
gcc version 2.95.1 19990816/Linux (release)

I need to keep overloaded new and delete operators local to a particular
shared library (I don't want to export them).  How do I do this?

I was trying to use the g++ -symbolic option but it returns:

g++: unrecognized option `-symbolic'

Is -symbolic broken?  Am I doing something wrong?  Is this how you would
keep other shared libraries from picking up overloaded new and deletes
from the other library?

Please CC directly to me, because I don't follow this list closely.
Thank you,

Chad Gatesman
Bristol Technology
http://www.bristol.com/