Code Bloat g++

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Tue Feb 22 14:42:00 GMT 2000

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Stump <mrs@windriver.com> writes:

    Mike> You have an along side database

Oh, boy, I can hear the sounds of matches being applied to kindling.
There are lots of people who love program databases and just as many
who hate them.

I, for one, agree with you.  The upfront work to do this would pay
dividends in terms of automatic template instantiation, implementation
of `export', precompiled headers, cross module optimization,
generation of cross-reference/class-browser information, fine-grained
dependency analysis, etc., etc.  I'd just love to get the chance to
implement this.