Zapping the old FAQ

Hans-Peter Nilsson hp@bitrange.com
Fri Feb 18 12:19:00 GMT 2000

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> How shall we proceed in removing the old FAQ?  Remove the link and
> truncate faq.html to only include a reference to the F-O-M and a link
> to the new location of the Bug Reporting Instructions?

You'll lose the descriptiveness of "faq.html#bugreport", if the new link
looks like line-noise.  It would probably lead to more "please follow that
link, then follow the instructions there" messages.

About the replacement for faq.html, methinks it should be reasonably
standard HTML; i.e. no SSI-type script or such.  Apparently www.gnu.org
runs Apache, but perhaps we shouldn't rely on SSI for proper "function" of
faq.html, as long as the server part of the bug-report URL reads
www.gnu.org.

brgds, H-P