C++ front-end / C++ compiler

Christian Baxmann klaxi@t-online.de
Thu Feb 17 18:44:00 GMT 2000

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
we are trying to write a C++ compiler back-end for the
GUPRO-Project (graphbased program understanding)
at the University of Koblenz,Germany. We try to avoid
writing the front-end
We'd like to know if your C++ front-end fulfils our needs, or
can be modified to fulfil them. Here's a description of what
we need:
A C++ front-end that
- generates AST and symbol table
- parses ANSI C++ (and dialects: MSVC++, GNU C++, Borland
C++)
- generates full source code information (line and column
numbers, type names etc.) that would make it possible to
  reconstruct the source code with our back-end and
your front-end
- runs on NT and Solaris

Further information about your front-end (price,
support, known bugs, how to access the AST, available manuals and
docs)
would be nice.

Yours
Christian Baxmann