gcc and stdarg.h

eduardooliveira@telefonicacelular.com.br eduardooliveira@telefonicacelular.com.br
Thu Feb 17 08:29:00 GMT 2000

Hello, this should be a quick #include question. I am attempting to
compile a c program which uses va_start and other stdarg macros on a
Solaris 2.5.1 box. The compile fails because gcc has no knowledge of the
builtin function prototyped in stdarg.h called __builtin_va_alist. Sun's
cc works fine with this builtin. Should I have installed a gcc friendly
stdarg at some point here?

Hi,

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Be sure gcc is using the right stdarg.h
(use -E to see preprocessor's output),
and if it is using the correct .a (use -v for verbose mode).

HTH,

Eduardo Aguiar