Very basic ICE on exception code is still present

Robert Lipe robertlipe@usa.net
Tue Feb 15 11:58:00 GMT 2000

This fails identically for me on OpenServer, but only in COFF.
COFF on this target uses sjlj exceptions.  If I build ELF but use
-fsjlj-excpetions, it fails there, too.

$ ./xgcc -c -B./ /tmp/e.cc
(robertl) rjlhome:/play/negcs/gcc
$ ./xgcc -c -B./ -mcoff /tmp/e.cc
/tmp/e.cc: In function `void a ()':
/tmp/e.cc:12: Internal compiler error in `convert_regs_1', at reg-stack.c:2596
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/faq.html#bugreport > for instructions.
(robertl) rjlhome:/play/negcs/gcc
$ ./xgcc -c -B./ -fsjlj-exceptions  /tmp/e.cc
/tmp/e.cc: In function `void a ()':
/tmp/e.cc:12: Internal compiler error in `convert_regs_1', at reg-stack.c:2596
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/faq.html#bugreport > for instructions.

Can you confirm that your target doesn't use DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO?  If so,
that's the common thread. sjlj exceptions are suffering from neglect, it
seems.

RJL