Double precision in g77

Toon Moene toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl
Fri Feb 11 04:45:00 GMT 2000

Iavor Veltchev wrote:

> How can I use DOUBLE PRECISION with g77? Programs compiled with g77
> requiring DOUBLE PRECISION do not work properly.
>
> -malign-double : doesn't help

That's a flag that causes g77 to align DOUBLE PRECISION variables and
arrays on the i386 architecture.

Could you be somewhat more explicit about what doesn't work correctly
(e.g. providing us with a 10-line program that shows the problem) ?

Lots of people are using g77 (including its DOUBLE PRECISION support,
which just follows from the fact that it is a conformant Fortran 77
implementation) daily without adverse effects ...

Cheers,

--
Toon Moene (toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl)
Phone: +31 346 214290; Fax: +31 346 214286