tempnam undefined reference ?

N8TM@aol.com N8TM@aol.com
Thu Feb 10 05:43:00 GMT 2000

In a message dated 2/10/2000 2:11:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
stepputat@ilt.fhg.de writes:

> warning(1028): tempnam is an undefined reference
>  .. libg2c.a
>  (//1/gnu/qnx/egcs-1.1.1/qnx4/i386-pc-qnx4/libf2c/libI77/open.c):
>  undefined symbol tempnam
>
>  Do know what I should do with this tempname ?

This function is employed if it is present on the system used to build
libf2c.  I suppose that your system is different from the one used to build
the library, and you must either find an implementation of this function
(available on many unix-like systems) or find a libg2c.a which matches your
system better.  Failing that, you could build your own libg2c.a from source
code.

Tim
tprince@computer.org