Out-of-sight compile times for calculate_loop_depth

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Feb 8 10:11:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Joe Buck wrote:
>> The advantage of the existing dominator algorithm is that it's very
>> simple to understand and performs OK for reasonable code.
> Unfortunately, many of us often generate C or C++ code mechanically
> and the result may not be what you consider "reasonable".

Actually, we experience exactly the same behavior as Brad for hand-written
C++ code to the extent that we have had to completely abandon using
current CVS versions of GCC for testing a couple of months ago. :-(

If there's interest, I can try to come up with an analysis similiar to
Brad's...

Gerald