Email rejected by gcc list

Dima Volodin dvv@dvv.org
Mon Feb 7 15:44:00 GMT 2000

Mike Stump wrote:

> > From: dvv@egcs.dvv.ru (Dima Volodin)
> > Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 15:36:31 GMT
>
> > My experience also shows that dropping ORBS altogether and employing
> > MAPS RSS only doesn't show any growth of spam traffic at all
>
> Your experience doesn't match mine.
>
> > I did that on a server I control (no relation to RR) about a month
> > ago
>
> A month ago?  Man, is that a statistically insignificant amount of
> time.  I drew my from about of years worth of experience on a well
> traded email address.  I suspect your study is flawed because it was
> too short and because you didn't study a well known email address.

I've been trying to use ORBS on and off since its very beginning, I've
been using RBL almost since its very beginning, I have an active
blacklist of my own, and I have half a dozen of addresses pretty widely
circulated by spammers since at least the infamous _Internet White
Pages_, so let me assure you I know what I'm talking about. With ORBS you
have to be very careful and introduce a "white list" for your system not
to be a pain in the ass for its users. No such problem arises with RBL or
DUL or RSS.

Dima