g77 future / proposed extension

N8TM@aol.com N8TM@aol.com
Wed Feb 2 15:32:00 GMT 2000

>I wonder if you would be willing to state, in one
> or two sentences, why you believe this, since I am not >sure I understand.
> Is it because of an official policy of keeping g77 >consistent with
> 'standard' Fortran?

If current standard Fortran (f95) appears to address this better than g77 now does, I would vote for incorporation of the necessary features of f95 rather than taking g77 in an independent direction, which would decrease rather than increase its relevance to people wishing to write portable code.

Tim
tprince@computer.org