g77 future / proposed extension

Toon Moene toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl
Wed Feb 2 14:54:00 GMT 2000

Grant Petty wrote:

> Toon -

> Thanks for your reply.  Although I have not used Fortran 90 much, it is my
> impression that it does not contain any provisions for operator
> overloading, which I believe to a be fairly important prerequisite.  If
> I'm wrong about this, I would certainly be happy to learn this.
> I will post a question to c.l.f. and see if anyone knows of a way to do
> what I described.

Operator overloading is supported in Fortran since 1991 - the Fortran 90
Standard.

Because I never used it, it's better to await the answers you get from
the comp.lang.fortran crowd - there are quite a few people who know how
to tackle your approach ...

Hope this helps,

--
Toon Moene (toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl)
Phone: +31 346 214290; Fax: +31 346 214286