fixincludes busted again

Bruce Korb bkorb@sco.COM
Wed Feb 2 07:27:00 GMT 2000

Jeffrey A Law wrote:

> Trying to build i686-pc-linux-gnu from CVS without autogen installed:
>
> Checking header files
> fixincludes error:  the `machine_name' fix test is unknown
> fixincludes error:  the `machine_name' fix test is unknown
> fixincludes error:  the `machine_name' fix test is unknown
> fixincludes error:  the `machine_name' fix test is unknown
> fixincludes error:  the `machine_name' fix test is unknown
> fixincludes error:  the `machine_name' fix test is unknown
> fixincludes error:  the `machine_name' fix test is unknown
> fixincludes error:  the `machine_name' fix test is unknown
> fixincludes error:  the `machine_name' fix test is unknown
> fixincludes error:  the `machine_name' fix test is unknown
> fixincludes error:  the `machine_name' fix test is unknown
>
> etc etc etc
>
> Can someone please fix this stuff so that it works properly on systems where
> autogen isn't installed?  fixincludes has consistently been busted in that
> kind of situation.

I assume that you are using the contrib/gcc_update script
to get the archive in sync?  If so, then please do the following:

  VERBOSE=9
  export VERBOSE
  sh ${srcdir}/configure
  make > /tmp/make.out 2> /tmp/make.err
  cd /tmp
  tar cvf - make.out make.err | bzip2 > make.tar.bz2

then email me the file.  If you *haven't* used
contrib/gcc_update, then please do so and try again.  Thanks.

Regards,
	Bruce