Removing/Freezing web stuff for old releases

Joe Buck jbuck@synopsys.COM
Tue Feb 1 09:06:00 GMT 2000

> And Joe wrote:
> > Freezing them is fine; we're not going to change those compilers now.
>
> Well, there are some inapropriate references to egcs and the like (Note
> that these pages now also appear on the www.gnu.org site!), but for now
> I simply disabled the MetaHTML preprocessing for these pages and copy them
> as is.

No, using the term egcs for egcs-1.0.x and egcs-1.1.x is completely
appropriate.  Changing the name there would be confusing and wrong.
The FSF isn't going to object to use of those names to describe these
releases.