Removing/Freezing web stuff for old releases

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Feb 1 09:02:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> Probably the only thing of significant interest is the release announcements
> as they contain the features/bugfixes found on those specific releases.

I had a look and the relevant information there is be spread over
(most of) the files there, like features.html and c++features.html,
so we probably simply should keep everything.

And Joe wrote:
> Freezing them is fine; we're not going to change those compilers now.

Well, there are some inapropriate references to egcs and the like (Note
that these pages now also appear on the www.gnu.org site!), but for now
I simply disabled the MetaHTML preprocessing for these pages and copy them
as is.

Gerald