Compilation problem in Dynix/ptx

Robert Lipe robertlipe@usa.net
Mon Dec 11 09:29:00 GMT 2000

biswapesh.chattopadhyay@bt.com wrote:
> Well, I thought (a) would work but now I get something completely different:

Completely different problem.

> done
> _muldi3
> /var/opt/spool/out/em/biswa/gnu/i386-sequent-sysv4/bin/as: unrecognized
> option `-no_0f_fix'

It looks like you're runing GNU assembler without having configured
--with-gas. config/ptx4.h adds the '-no_0f_fix'.  Rats.  And it does it
in a dorky way that ignores --with-gas.

If you're using an a newer/older PTX assembler or GAS that doesn't
understand this flag (and I have no idea what it is) and you don't think
you need it, just whack it from ASM_SPEC.  Other than the addition of
that flag, it looks very SVR4-ish.

You should also propose a Real Fix to this problem for the GCC3 branch
for PTX.  This is not a heavily tested target, so the onus really is on
you to fix it. :-)

RJL