Ada (Was: GCC 3.0 Release Criteria)
Laurent Guerby
guerby@acm.org
Sat Apr 29 03:40:00 GMT 2000
Joe Buck <jbuck@possibly.synopsys.com> wrote:
> Debian will contain GNAT, but will not install GNAT by default.
> Debian has thousands of packages but the number that are installed
> by default is far smaller.
I assume so, given the size of Debian, some choices for the default
obviously have to be made ;-).
> Just the same, if this bundling results in less US Gov't dollars
> going to a certain billionaire in Redmond, fine with me :-).
Well, some US taxpayer money already went into GNAT and GCC, and also
in developping the test suites I mentionned.
> Now, if the GNAT maintainers *want* to put GNAT into the GCC tree, because
> it will make their lives easier, I won't object. I wasn't sure whether
> Richard Kenner really wanted to do that.
I'm not sure either, I'm even less sure that it will makes ACT people
life easier in any case ;-).
> Given that uncertainty, I certainly didn't want to make it a release
> criterion (the original title of this message, remember?). [...]
Yes, sorry, I wasn't in sync with the thread subject, I'm not
suggesting including this as a hard release criteria for GCC 3.0 given
the uncertainties you and I mentionned.
--
Laurent Guerby <guerby@acm.org>
More information about the Gcc
mailing list