1.1.2 bug, news lists

Jeffrey A Law law@hurl.cygnus.com
Sun Mar 7 15:43:00 GMT 1999


  In message < 19990306044124.7129.qmail@deer >you write:
  > >Why not just include a text file saying how to get to the live information
  > >on the web?
  > 
  > Exactly, that's what I'd like to see, ideally in 1.1.2.  I think
  > just pointing to < http://egcs.cygnus.com > in g77's docs would
  > be sufficient for that.  Certainly that, or even more-specific
  > pointers, should be in 1.2.
OK.  We already have a "bugs.html" file in the toplevel of our web page.  About
a week or two ago it was made less C++ specific (thanks whomever did that).

I've tweaked it to reference the bugs section in the g77 manual.  Which works
fine for the online version, but not well in the release itself since we don't
have those html-ized files immediately available.

The FAQ does reference the bugs file from the most obvious place.

If you want to put a reference in the g77 documentation to the bugs and news
file use:

http://egcs.cygnus.com/onlinedocs/g77_bugs.html
http://egcs.cygnus.com/onlinedocs/g77_news.html

And if you want to reference the manual as a whole:
http://egcs.cygnus.com/onlinedocs/g77_toc.html

jeff


More information about the Gcc mailing list