enough! (was Re: Intel+Cygnus+Optimized Compilers)

Mike Stump mrs@wrs.com
Mon Mar 1 17:33:00 GMT 1999


> Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 07:42:37 -0500
> To: egcs@egcs.cygnus.com
> From: Paul Derbyshire <pderbysh@usa.net>

> At 02:13 AM 2/27/99 -0500, you wrote:
> [After much tripe, including an honest to God signature-insult, which
>  has been trimmed and doesn't get dignified with a response]

> >btw, GNUPro seems to me to be a purchase agreement for the SUPPORT of
> >said software, ie. comapany contacts, media updates  and such.  Since 
> >cygnus's software is under anoncvs it'd be hard to charge for.

> Oh. That's reasonable, to remit operating costs. Sullying the GNU name by
> selling your souls to the money devils and charging for software for
> profit, on the other hand...

I propose that we do not offer egcs as un unlimited place for people
to post irrelevant off-topic posts that annoy the larger body of
contributors.

Paul is one such person that has violated my sense of what people
should be allowed to do.  I propose that we limit such damage for the
greater good of the list.  I propose that Paul be limited to read only
access for a period of 6 months.  I propose that we vote on it in 14
days, and do what the vote suggests.


More information about the Gcc mailing list